Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Apologies



I tried my best in this election to cover as much as I could and attended the large debate at Charleswood United Church. I had no idea who to vote for. My opinion changed a few times as I saw and heard the candidates. I regret that I missed the second debate but I watched all the videos and gave summaries of a lot of it. I didn't get the whole thing done but anyone wanting to see the videos can follow the links I left up.

Congratulations to all the candidates and good luck in tomorrow's election. I am only one voter and for some people, they could have been looking for any number of the qualities that were exhibited by the Charleswood-Tuxedo candidates.

I encourage everyone to vote. It will matter in this ward.

For the mayor as well. It is too important to not vote. This city needs to address important issues related to taxes, crime and infrastructure.

Once again, sorry. I wish I could have covered more but I did my best and hope that it helped people get to know their candidates.

hit counter javascript

2 comments:

kenmore63 said...

First, I would like to thank John for all the work he's done on covering this election. Not only John, but, all of the alternative media. The mainstream media coverage has been PATHETIC!!!

As for who I am voting for, I differ from John on both the mayor and counselor for Charleswood. I am voting for Katz, not because I don't think anyone could do better, but, anyone else running is likely to do worse. For counselor my vote is for Livio, for the reason that I believe the he would be a strong voice for the ward and he is the ONLY candidate who seemed to have a real clear vision for the ward.

In closing, whether you agree or disagree with John, me, or anybody for that matter. LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD AND VOTE, VOTE, VOTE!!!!

John Dobbin said...

Thanks. You are absolutely correct that people should vote who they thought would do the best of the people running.

Hopefully, Livio will realize that responding with scorn here isn't something he should worry about.