Sunday, October 10, 2010

1290 Sports Radio


It has been on a couple of weeks
since CFRW has made the format change from all oldies to sports radio.

Their webpage has not been updated beyond showing the new logo and having an audio stream available. I know that their Sundays and Mondays feature NFL games. However, what games are those?

During the day they have the syndicated “Mike and Mike in the Morning” show with Mike Golic and Mike Greenberg from 5 to 9 a.m but the Jim Rome show I'm not quite sure what time it runs.

In fact, I don't have a clue what their schedule is and I don't know how much local content they have. Considering that CTV runs this show, I figure it is a little bush league. This is a ratings period and all the station has is a bare bones homepage?

Meanwhile, I don't know where Don Percy has ended up. His relationship with radio in Winnipeg is on hiatus after so many decades. When CFRW ended, he was let go.

For the time being, I don't think CJOB has anything to worry about when it comes to listener-ship or sports coverage.

If 1290 Sports Radio ever does get its act together it might do well but so far it is not exactly putting the effort in to let people know what is on their station.

hit counter javascript

No comments: